View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2802212)   #12
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I'm writing up Race Reports for l'endurance Season Wrap Up on GT1, and watching some race footage again, why do people bother with BTCC? These things are WAY better!
Credit to Ratel for getting it going. Whether it will last, long term, is down to next year. A full grid, and he's got a future. Fewer cars, from the same teams, and I don't see it getting year 3...

Oh, and a MASSIVE well done to Sumo Power, for their achievements this year. They operated WAY over my expectations, I have to say.

Racing - A
Cars - A (Fire breathing beasts!)
Circuits - B
Coverage - B/C Streaming is OK, but not everyone has the bandwidth for it... Get TV stations to pick it up, as a virtual freeby? Give it a 2 year deal, and see what you can charge year 3?
WORLD championship? Get a round in Japan. Have one in Russia, maybe China too. Railroad everything. Do them a week apart. Low cost, but HUGE exposure... Hey, if you're that far out there, ship everythng down to Oz, and give 'em a go on Mount Panorama!!!

That could be a 2 month round trip, giving 4 races for not that much travel budget. Especially if you could sea freight over to South America after?

What do we think of this little scheme???
It could work provided you could go to other countries in Asia.