View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2805106)   #17
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It's "in storage" somewhere within the grounds of the Park. As far as I can recall it cannot be reinstated where it was because the MSA (or the FIA) won't sanction it.

There was talk a while ago, though, of having it introduced as a "feature" on another part of the site... perhaps as an entrance, or a gateway to something.
The Dunlop bridge is safe in storage. I read it has been checked and it is all there.
Apparently, the MSA has been concerned for some time about the narrowness of the track at the Dunlop bridge, together with the chicane just before the start-finish line.
In "new Donington", the chicane issue has been resolved, and the MSA would prefer the Dunlop bridge not to return to its previous location.
I, together with a good number of others, have made a donation towards rebuilding the Dunlop bridge somewhere else on-site, and I believe Kevin has confirmed that is that plan. Also in the plan is to bring back the Spitfire (now it has been repaired), as well as preserve the plug, Bluebird, the famous clocks and Redgate Lodge. Any of these items (including Redgate Lodge) may be moved elsewhere on site, but as I heard last a few months ago, Kevin and the Donington management were concentrating on building the on-track action for 2011, rather than repairing/remodelling the infield, rebuilding the bridge or anything else.
This info is mostly from stuff online, so if anyone has more recent info, then listen to them.