View Single Post
Old 10 May 2002, 12:56 (Ref:281867)   #77
Keefyboy
Rookie

Keefyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mattray,

Mate, the Combe Kents were wicked and I really enjoyed watching the racing. All three of you drove your socks off. I gotta stick up for my fellow Zetec racers though because there's a couple of very good reasons why the the Zetecs weren't quite as entertaining last weekend:

1. We haven't got track knowledge (practice days at Combe are plops, big smelly ones). It was my first time on the circuit in qualifying and it ain't easy to learn it over ten laps
2. There were only three that were on the pace that weekend and one of those spun to the back of the grid at the start of the race

With this in mind I'm sure you'll agree that a good scrap in the Zetec race was never going to be on the cards. But if one of the quicker cars stayed on it would have been a similar story as yours. Three cars battling for first.

Ian,

Thanks for the support mate, that report was spot on. Di you actually watch the race? If you did you would have seen Chris Pennington take the race to Luke Hines and actually overtake, more than once too.

David and Goliath stories are great to read about shame you didn't pick up on it. I can understand though, the MG Midget race, sorry parade laps, were well entertaining and more than deserved the four paragraphs it eventually got .

I invite you all to come along to Brands and then attempt to ask the same question. I'm certain you won't be able to.

Keith