Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2832980)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Having just arrived back from the first open and testing day of the newly revamped circuit i have to say that it is fantastic and beyond my vision of how i thought it would be, despite inside information and press releases.

Spectators are in for an absolute treat pretty well everywhere and especially at the revised Russell.

I guess i,m slightly biased as i live so close and have known and raced the different layouts there since 1969, but this concept is terrific.

All credit to JP and MSV, all staff and the contractors.

Whether it pleases all drivers, marshalls or spectators remains to be seen, but it will improve motorsports outlook for this circuit and the future.

I am so looking forward to the new season and racing there.

A million thanks MSV.

GT
Plus another couple of million too! But worth every penny!! Thank you MSV for giving all us Snet fans the best 60th Birthday present ever!!

Like Graham I have been involved in various marshalling roles since 1969 and more recently as a Clerk and I would say this is the most challenging and yet still fast flowing configuration ever. To confirm Graham and Andrew's comments the circuit is absolutely fantastic.

Spent the day marshalling on the double apex right hander (turn 6) leading back towards the link to Revett and the marshalling teams will really love marshalling the new circuit, due to the visibility that it offers and I'm sure the drivers will really appreciate the new challenges it will provide.

Had a mix of cars including F2, F Renault, FBMW, FFord, Mosler, Porsche and BMW's out on circuit and they all seemed to enjoy it and find plenty of overtaking opportunities on the new infield section.

So for anyone still sitting on the fence - get an entry in quick and make sure you are a part of something that will be brilliant - competing on what is now the best circuit in the country!!

Great to see Andrew and Richard S at our post this morning and also good to see the famed Richard S's effect is still functioning well this new season - only arrived with us and within about two minutes we have a F2 spun and stranded requiring a stop to recover!!

Graham, sorry didn't get chance to catch up with you - saw your van in the paddock lunchtime but didn't manage to find you.

Terry