View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2835949)   #20
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
TWK - spot on mate - the Drayson website is laced with such toungue-in-cheek statements which have made me cringe all year long, this may wash with your average joe-public, but they have openly been making fools of themselves within the motorsport and powertrain industries with such statements, dont get me wrong I think Drayson are a great race team and I'm saddened the Lola LMP1 is not coming back this year (I'm British!), but I wish they didnt insult everyones intelligence with such wild statements like the bio fuel - its utter tosh ......this electrical Westfield thing is a joke too for a team of such stature, as mentioned elsewhere - is club level.......hey ho, lets hope things change soon, with something a bit more LMP related.

regarding building their own car at the old oxford TWR site - cripes -that sounds a bit ambitious!......lets hope they dont do an epsilon-euskadi :-/
A couple of related corrections. Barwell Motorsports (and Drayson) debuted E85 bioethanol in Brit GT in 2007, the year before Corvette, and actually won a round at Donington with it. (Thanks to John Dagys for correcting me.)

However, we're still both wrong on "bioethanol," and it's not even close...that was Nasamax at Sebring in 2003 (15 laps) and then Le Mans in the same year.

So Drayson is still a long way from leading the bioethanol use in racing as he claims.

Another note. Fogelhund reminds me that Sparky finished 12th at the first PLM in 1998, which would put it well before Corsa. I have some doubt whether it was using its "motive electrics," however. (Corsa didn't use its electrics at Salt Lake City, either - so wasn't running as a hybrid - and made only very low power, limited use at Lime Rock.)

Sorry I cobbled that list together quickly, off the top of my head.