View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2840179)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Last years fastest LMP2 was Leventis/Watts/Kane Strakka Racing HPD ARX-01 3min 33.079secs LMP2.

We added 9% more weight, with "essentially" the same engine rules, and people think that they will be SEVEN seconds faster than last year?

That is a massive performance gain. Even making up for the 9% weight gain, and being equal to last years time is a pretty impressive feat. I'll be surprised if anyone is below 3:30 to be honest.
Comparing this years times to last years P2 times will likely give a good idea of times. But, I wonder how much difference a diesel will make, and the new aero the factory cars will have to work with. I am really interested to see how the ARX-01e does in comparison to last years ARX-01c. To me that will be a good benchmark for comparison.