Old 13 Mar 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2845190)   #12
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I'm not entirely sold on PĂ©rez, but I will say this about him: he's gotten better at every harder level of racing. His record in his earliest lower level series are pathetic, but as he got up to British F3 and GP2, he started to deliver. On the one hand, you wonder how good he really is because he's perfectly capable of producing a ****ter of a season, but on the other hand, seeing him raise his game to exceed his past form in an even more challenging series really shows a lot of promise from him. I think he'll have an up-and-down season for Sauber, but in time, he could be a contender if only because he's always gotten better in time.

I do think that both he and Maldonado belong, though, and I'm glad to see both get the shot (even if some may make Maldonado the scapegoat for who he replaced).
That is entirely true about his earlier career in Formula BMW but I think his heart at the time was not in racing but his first passion which was futbol and probably the fact that he was thrown in the deepens all alone in aforeign country at such a young age. Basically his father who managed Adeian Fernandez and was a racer himself wants his kids in racing. We may be better for it. Time will tell.

One poster in a different site said either Red Bull are sand bagging, the Sauber is a very quick car or Perez may be the next Senna.