View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2846759)   #17
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I'm absolutely outraged that "Russell" corner has been renamed "Murrays" presumably after some wannabe Scottish tennis player. Jim Russell did more to promote motor sport to the ordinary man or woman than any other person alive and is synonymous with Snetterton.

As for naming a corner after "Nelson", who as far as I know never sat in a racing car, and another after his consort Lady Hamilton I really do give up.

Letter writing mode engaged.
If there was going to be a name change Russell had to be favourite. I believe there was calls for it to be changed when Jim Russell pulled the plug at Snet many years ago. I was hoping for a corner to be named after Brian Lister or Jim's most famous pupil Emerson Fitttipaldi.
I don't think Lewis Hamilton deserves a name, he has hardly any association with the circuit and why wasn't the straight between Palmer's (T3) & Agostini (T4) named.
BTW Oggies is named after Sir Peter Ogden, co-founder of MSV