View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2011, 03:29 (Ref:2861109)   #22
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hunter View Post
GT5 was a launch day purchase for me. Got the LE version. Really glad I didn't shell out the extra for the Signature Edition as not long after you could get it in limited numbers from GAME for £50!!

Its a solid game but as many have said, not the leap forward many were expecting and certainly leaves me underwhelmed. The sound is the worst aspect for me. If I wanted to listen to a washing machine on spin scycle I'd stand in my kitchen. Don't need to hear that from what should be a Gallardo!

There is SOOOOOO much to do, and you really dont need so many cars. The standard spec cars really look like ported GT4 cars and its disappointing to look at them. The Premium ones make up for it as long as you only collect those. Sadly you win Standard cars alot of the time, (not unlike winning a plastic trophy) and have to use them for some of the races.

The replays could be soooo much better but when the game chooses to show you the wider shots of the environment you get the impression its a cardboard word troubled with smog, such is the inherant haziness of the day time environments.
There is ALOT this game does right, just a good number of things it doesn't.
Not to mention the amount of useless cars.