View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2865972)   #16
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm sorry, Mitchbr, but you really haven't helped anything. In fact, all those extra niggly slow corners will likely spread the field out more. The biggest thing they need to do is figure out how to NOT have that chicane on the front stretch, so that Turn 2 is a good overtaking spot.

Your Turn 8 won't work, because the straight into it isn't really long enough, and you've made this worse by tightening up your Turn 7. Turn 5 on the actual course was pretty open, which meant it was almost like you had a straight from Turn 4 to Turn 6. Your Turn 9-13 complex is rather pointless; it's just adding length and complexity to the track, while probably actually hurting the track's racing potential. And you hurt the race potential with it by lengthening the lap and lap time without adding overtaking potential, because you've reduced the number of laps that will be run.

For the final sector, I'd just as soon leave it as it was, with the more open version of the final turn from 2006. Alternatively, after your Turn 8 (Turn 6 on the actual circuit), I'd have a lazy bend to the right take the track up to near your Turn 13, have a hairpin, and bring the track back over to that open final corner on a "straight", without your 14/15 esse.

I'll agree that I want Cleveland back, but Mid Ohio can work perfectly well for open-wheelers. It will also help when we get the new chassis that is designed from the outset to race on road courses, and not just ovals.