View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2867518)   #6
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm not talking about forcing anyone to do anything. The discussion in the other thread got me thinking about rights (mentioned by the OP) and responsibilities (which we all have), and whether or not there's a consistent understanding of how to apply them.

It's self evident that if someone/group is in the way, I'd ask them to move. It's the grey area beyond that which I'm considering.

For the record, I worked in public entertainments venues for a number of years and it's very clear in those that if an agent of the venue management asks a customer to do something, or stop doing it, then that's the venue's absolute right. When signed on at a meeting as an official, what status does a marshal have with respect to paying customers?

I should note that I'm not passing judgement on anything here - I'm interested to see what the discussion pans out as.
I think you really mean "rights" - these are often perceived rather than real

The small print associated with the public and events can be very long ..... for example the use of video recording equipment and the rights to any such recordings is usually controlled by the venue.

In the particular case referenced in the other thread, marshals worked with the circuit staff with regards to crowd control at and near to the scene.