View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2011, 05:55 (Ref:2867944)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interaction with teams and spectators etc used to be covered in Pits training, it's something that it's much more relevant in the off track disciplines, I don't know if it's still covered?

It's a difficult thing to do and whilst it is something that could be covered for on track training it is hopefully a skill that is used infrequently so peoples natural instinct kicks in rather than the training.

Sometimes confrontation is close to inevitable, a marshal has witnessed or been involved in an incident, the condition of the driver and perhaps others is still unknown and the spectator believes he has the"right" to enter am area, the spectator is also revved up, the whole situation is adrenalin fuelled and is a recipe for conflict. I think you can perhaps gives marshals the tools to try to deal with that conflict but having done this many times it's difficult to remember your training when faced with someone who can't our won't understand why they can't do what they want to do.

Edited to add, I'm using my phone and I've no idea how I got the thumbs down icon or how to get rid of it! - OK fixed it now

Last edited by Piglet; 22 Apr 2011 at 12:27.