View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2868065)   #3
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. I too feel over protected. I'm of reasonable intelligence, and I think I can work out where it's safe to stand and where not. I'm willing to take the risk I may be wrong. Agree with post above, get rid of some of the debris fencing - it's intrusive and detracts from my enjoyment of the sport
2. It doesn't need and more measures. If people want to feel safer they should stay at home and watch it on TV
3. Yes
4. Yes and yes. I like the unpredictability of watching cars/bikes hurtling round at high speed in close proximity to each other. Incidents are an inevitable consequence of this sometimes, and we have to allow for that. I would rather watch a closely fought race where nobody clashed or crashed than one where cars were off into the tyres/gravel all the time (this tends to slow the racing)
5. Never been injured myself, but I have seen others seriously injured at events. I don't go there to see people get hurt, so I feel bad for them, but it doesn't affect me. I sleep OK at night afterwards, it's all part of the sport, and I accept that and move on

I'll see if I can dig out some of my incident images for you.....