View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2869851)   #23
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting one this -

To answer the original question - do I think I need training in crowd/people management?

Not entirely sure - the only time I have really interacted with speccies/teams is getting them off the pit wall which I do with politeness and have never had a problem. And also asking the occasional person to get back to the "crowd" side of barriers, again politely and I have never had an issue.

I would however like the following explained on the basis of the previous posts.

1) I am signed on - but who with exactly? Organising Club, MSA or circuit - or all of the above?

2) Therefore with regards to the above - I am an official of the meeting (presumably) but whom do I represent exactly?

3) With regards to 1 & 2 above - it would be nice to fully understand where our juristriction lays, both geographically on circuit and what we can reasonably demand of people & what we can reasonably ask them to do. Also, very importantly, knowing that gives us all a defined line that we then know not to cross, leading to consistency.

None of the above are crystal clear to me - therefore I would suggest that is a training issue?