View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2870482)   #12
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Could I respectfully suggest a study into 'Paddock Safety' for pedestrians.Far more of an issue with errant children flying about on Scooters,Pushbikes etc etc.
An incident on Sunday brought this to mind, fortunately the pedestrian involved was not someone's grand mother of advancing years.Had that have been the case,the outcome could have been so much different,in which case,there would perhaps be more policing of what the final instructions ask of Participating Drivers.
*Piglet climbs up onto soapbox* I can't tell you how much abuse I've received over the years from drivers and their teams/families when trying to moderate their behaviour in the paddocks. I've seen people with two year olds perched on the front of quad bikes, I've seen five year olds being allowed to ride quad bikes in public areas - obviously no helmets or body protection being used, I've spoken to parents about out of control kids on bikes and scooters, you name it I've done it - almost without fail when challenged people are rude (and I'm very nice about how I do it!) - I suspect people just get defensive when their child care skills are called to account.

We have few assembly and paddock marshals these days so there are fewer marshals around to deal with these things and as inevitably getting involved means receiving abuse I can see why those marshals who are trying to do other things to keep race meetings on schedule would avoid getting involved.

It would be a lot easier if parents kept their own children under control and if within series paddocks, these issues were taken more seriously internally rather than it being something else for organisers to deal with.

*can someone help me down?*