View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2011, 01:33 (Ref:2870985)   #17
dusty
Rookie

dusty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's about right in most places I've been to recently, except Silverstone which goes over the top because of its F1 status. I wouldn't spectate from Chippenham Road car park at Combe, and feel a touch vulnerable watching at the Esses at Mallory. To say that if there's small crowds you could run away is a bit daft, because you can't out-run bits of car coming at you at 50mph+!

Can I just reply to that! I worded it very badly ( I am from oop north so english is not my first language....!)

When I spoke of feeling safer because of smaller crowd numbers, I was really refering to the major disaster scenario of a car into the crowd. fewer spectators means less likelehood of anyone being hit by anything, as opposed to something flying into a packed crowd.

Silverstone is one circuit I no longer attend due to poor viewing areas. I like the being able to see the drivers working hard at the wheel. ( Although to be fair I have not been to Silverstone since 98 (IIRC) when I was unhappy to be charged £5 to sit on a plastic potty at Abbey hairpin!)

Mallory is a great viewing circuit and the Esses has a large section of catch fencing now, But I agree that this was always a bit too hairy to stand for me.