View Single Post
Old 7 May 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2876477)   #51
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
So Speed's had to eat humble pie now then has he, after his arrogant dismissal of IndyCar not so long ago?

Teixeira is absolutely dire as a driver. Worse than Tung, another no hoper (though a nice guy) who I always assumed would be in that China Racing entry.

If you search at the NISS forum you'll probably find some amusing comments about Teixeira's talents. Most notable thing he's ever done is this. Doubt he'll qualify, hope he just stays out of everyone else's way. He very much must have bought his Lotus test drive, like most other F1 'test' drivers these days.

I'm guessing Sonangol will still be bankrolling his 'career', although I think they've disappeared from funding Superleague Formula, hence their vastly reduced calendar.
Word on the street about Speed is he is a bit too full of himself and hard to work with. If that's not accurate, for all of what Red Bull spent on his junior formula career($17 million) he should be much further along as a professional driver rather than scraping around bouncing all over the place.

Judging from that video clip Teixeira should be right at home in the take to the skies dullaras.

Sonangol is going onboard as a major F1 sponsor it appears, too bad they left Superleague.