View Single Post
Old 9 May 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2877541)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Strakka Racing has expressed interest to step up to LMP1. Perhaps they can convert their current car to the LMP1 spec (so from ARX-01d to ARX-01e). Alternatively they can go back to a Zytek.

I would like to see Oreca build the new LMP1 coupe they had in planning. However, I think that they will stick to racing a Peugeot.

Finally, we will see some AMR-One cars in the hand of privateers (including Jota) next year, iff Prodrive can solve the engine issues
With HPD/Wirth entering the P1 market, and who knows if the coupe will yet be produced, I'd like to see ORECA become a two car Peugeot customer, while developing their P2/LMPC business.

OAK seem pretty ambitious and not short of a Euro or two, so it would help them to link up with another team, like Pescarolo.

With Zytek and Lola also major players I'm not sure anyone else is needed, I'd sooner Audi make customer cars available.