Thread: OAK Racing
View Single Post
Old 10 May 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2878292)   #1
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
OAK Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG View Post
Here is somthing I posted on May 1st on another thread

"Sam at Racecar Engineering has this on his site (from lm testday)

CORNER TIMES
The following times are not a complete sample, but were taken at the first right hand sweep of the Porsche Curves.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/e...al-report-lmp/

The Pescarolo 01 no 15 (oak) is the 2nd quickest overall.
We already know that that car was the quickest petrol vmax.
We also see that Oak says they did many 2 lap stints and were not interested in lap times.
What is this cars potential?"

Mike if you think the car is very trimmed out how do you explain the Pescarolo corner speed?
BRG
Too small of a sample I think. Need to look at the entry to the following curve to get a better idea. But, if the Pesca 01 is carrying substantial downforce it means only one thing; drag will be higher and therefore they are producing even more power than estimated. The Oak car did 326 km/h. That's only 12 km/h slower in a straight line than the 908. I'm pretty confident a competitive .cd (or Cx) for a closed top car is less than .45. So for a open top car, which we know will be generating a higher .cd to produce nearly the same top speed means power. The frontal area advantage for the open top car isn't enough to offset the increased drag.