View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2889496)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Our hosts for the '2011 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit' are.........AUDI!!!

..............to be revealed a little later!

But, before the announcement later this evening, it is only right that I take this opportunity to give credit to those who have enabled our 2011 garage visit to become a reality when all appeared to be lost.

It has been an extraordinary 48 hours!

Having officially abandoned all attempts to arrange a garage visit for this year, I received a PM from a forum member with less than 10 posts to his name. I still don't know who he is, but his message indicated that he may be able to arrange something for us. I confess, I had a fairly good idea as to the identity of the team involved and replied with an outline of what we had done in previous years.

Yesterday morning, an email arrived from a part of Europe I've never visited. Yes, they would like to help, a meeting had already taken place for approval from one part of team and a second meeting would take place later in the day for agreement from another part of the team. Looked promising!

This morning, a second email........and the green light!

So, on behalf of 10Tenths, I would like to sincerely thank that anonymous forum member and those involved with the team in question who moved so swiftly to put this garage visit in place for us. As of now, you are all officially legends on 10Tenths. Thank you so very much!

I will put together a comprehensive post outlining the timings, the number of places available, the criteria for the allocation of places (which will ultimately come down to me to decide.....my least favourite task associated with these visits, and one which I suspect will be exceptionally difficult this year) and the strict rules which will need to be adhered to this year.

Stand by for an announcement which will blow your minds!