View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2889853)   #8
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
What about a round of the ILMC at Bathurst with local GT Championship (GT3) cars instead of GTC cars maybe?
I'd like to think that if F1 got on the nose with a lot of politicians here in Australia, there could be a window of opportunity for Australia to get a round of the ILMC. Like I said....... I'd like to think that!
If the Bathurst 12 hour expands, and gets a few more overseas entries, who knows, it could go to the next level, sometime in the future. Again..... I'd like to think that!
No matter what anyone thinks of V8 Supercars, they have done an excellent job of getting into bed with most of our state governments here in Australia, which makes it even harder for another motorsport discipline to get a leg in the door.
I think we missed our great chance to cement something in place, after the Race of a thousand years.