View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2928190)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[QUOTE=porman;2928109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Porman-
Thanks. I used a Nikon D3100 that came with a 18-55MM lens. I added a 55-300MM lens that I shot most of my pictures with.

Thank you for the information. The 3100 uses the DX lenses right? I was under the impression that the 55-300MM lens wasn't quick enough for this type of shooting with its f/4.5-5.6 not letting in enough light. If this is indeed the lens you used I guess you proved that theory wrong. I use a prime DX lens with f/1.8 that does a pretty good job but have been on the fence about a zoom like the one you used.

I've been using 75-300 or 100-300 lenses for over 20 years with that sort of maximum aperture and they're fine. Of course, now we have digital we can take a dozen shots instead of one so you can maximise you chances. There are also a lot of laps in 10 hours of practice and 24 hours of the race to shoot the same cars over and over again!