View Single Post
Old 23 May 2002, 02:11 (Ref:293127)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AT THIS STAGE, I would have to say Webber.

He's been the complete package this year:
- blinding in qualifying
- keen to learn and improve
- almost solely developing the car, and doing a good job of it
- consistently fast in races (stuck it to the Jags at Imola, raced with Massa in Brazil, fastest lap only 2 seconds off the Williams in Austria)
- more often than not he drives with some technical problem with the Minardi
- he's brought the car home on all but one occasion.

For those that doubted his ability at the start of the year, he's answered them in a resoundingly positive way.

Massa is 2nd at present. He's shown glimpses of that potential everyone believes he has. And he hasn't thrown it off the road as much as I thought he might. He just needs to be a bit more consistent.

McNish has had a solid season so far. Not outstanding, but solid. He was all over the back of Salo at the end of the Austrian race, and I would have loved to have seen more of that fight.

Sato is a talented guy. Unfortunately he's stuck in that bright yellow pig. He's made too many mistakes this year, and they are probably from trying too hard (not necessarily a bad thing). He's been having a go. Maybe the best thing for Taku to do would be to just finish some races, irrespective of placing.

Webber gets the nod from me.