View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2939242)   #37
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
If you mean the all-red rendering at the top of the page I linked to, I don't care for that one either. The same goes for that cluster of five renderings at the bottom of the page.

The one I'm interested in is that mostly black concept with the red highlights, the red #25 and IZOD lettering. And I realized the other car that concept reminds me of is the 1988-89 Nissan ZX-T GTP, which I can't say is a bad thing.

And do remember, I was putting this one up specifically as a more "out there" concept direction. I did say I like the 1994 cars as a good, more conventional example. The 1981-86 period saw quite a few very good looking Indy Cars as well, but I don't think those have enough ahead of the driver's foot box to be considered acceptable models for today's car.