View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2955409)   #30
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
imagine this place yourself in that truck doing your job for the day, youre out after an incident, then suddenly you here the faint roar of 20+ indy cars going full blast racing speed and a radio call, if somebody bothered, the SC has buggered off, you think oh **** then try and make an exit, as youre making it to the escape road you see 20+ cars coming towards you. ive seen that happen plenty of times with marshals still on track on the sighting lap, sometimes narrowly getting back on post in time, sometimes standing on the inside which is fairly safe but accidents still happen as we know. this wasnt the odd stray marshal this was a big american pickup trucks which cant get out of the way as much or anywhere near as fast as marshals... easy done isnt it.
Yes itr was a big American pick up truck...but it was travelling against the direction of the circuit...surely you can see that by doing this he/she reduced the distance between the truck and the race cars, thereby increasing the chance of them coming in to conflict..?

Quote:
he was out for a reason, doesnt matter what anyone says this may happen in this country one day, we've got to learn from this and side with him/her
Why do we have to side with him/her? If he/she was wrong why should it be overlooked so casually..? It could have led to a very serious accident...possibly resulting in serious injury or even death...would you be so happy to just let it go then..?

Quote:
not presume theyre in the wrong
Yet you're happy to indicate an assumption that the organisers are in the wrong - "...and a radio call, if somebody bothered" - you can't have it both ways...

I understand fellow track workers feeling protective over their own, but maybe you just need to accept that he/she made a mistake by not following procedure (as stated in the press release above), and is being punished accordingly with a 2 race suspension as a result...