Old 15 Sep 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2955923)   #921
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That move on Alonso (so similar to the one Schu did on Teflonso in 2003 at Silverstone?) was mega, mega!

It simply said: 'Move over on me if you like but i'm coming through whatever.'

A true statement to allcomers.

Vettel has confirmed he's got the necessary balls and aggression on track to support his undoubted speed over a lap.

His teammate has absolutely no answer for him and cannot match either the speed or the racecraft like he was able to do last season. Webber's general demeanor quite clearly supports that. Much pausing, sighing and reflecting after almost every question when he doesn't either finish 2nd in qual, or in a race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Totally sublime ... comprehensively answered the last lingering question over racecraft mastery. Sorry guys, you're all competing for 2nd place from here on in ... the Sebmeister OWNS No 1
Yeah, there can no longer be any doubt he is a complete racer. The Red Bull's pace at the fast tracks and Vettel's bold and brilliant use of said car must be ominous signs for the other teams and drivers moving forward.

Webber does seem to have stopped the denial and accepted his fate. Now he's struggling desperately just to keep up. Hamilton is getting testy in post race interviews instead of just over the radio and after making a series of mistakes with his usual aggressive style, seems to have backed off (or just didn't have it at Monza). Button seems cool, but keeps talking about having fun. As though he isn't really competing so he might as well enjoy himself. It actually seems to be helping him, however, so maybe the key will be to see if he can keep that attitude when (or if) he has a chance to contend for race wins and a title again.