View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2972799)   #226
RichardW
Rookie

England
Rochester, Kent UK
RichardW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,
I can only note with despair that every club on MWG believes that every marshal from XPC downwards needs no further assesssment unless they need to upgrade. I know of no other organisation - especially any where lives are potentially at risk - where there are no assesssment/appraisal procedures in place.
On upgrade sigs, yes, I know you don't like them, but a helluva lot of people want them back. There are ways around the problems as mentioned above. I've tried asking this question so many times before and every time failed to get an answer. How does watching cars going round in circles without doing anything qualify ANYONE for an upgrade? If you do something -and therefore get an upgrade signature - remember how it used to work? - then that does indicate experience. Attendance signatures prove just attendance - not experience and/or skills, which is what many logica lpeople feel that upgrades should be based on.
Don't get me wrong - you've made a start with the new proposals, but you ain't there yet!