View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2973630)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
As in all LMP1 cars go to hybrid engines. I don't mind desiel, bio-fuel ect. Just hate hybrid and electric engines.
The goal of hybrids is to extend the lifespan of the internal combustion engine and the resources needed to run them.

Without a hybrid component Ferrari will likely have to stop producing V12's as they'd struggle to pass future emmissions laws or deliver acceptable mileage. For the rest of us in the real world what chance have we got to run a performance car if the politicians make them prohibitively expensive to run.

Beat them at their own game by using technology to keep the fun in motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I think Zytek need to field their own team to showcase their product . Why leave it up to others .

I dont expect MIK Corse to do much . But thats not exactly doing Zytek any favours either , is it ?
If you follow them on twitter the hybrid has had extensive testing, the system is also being tested by Super GT and of course there are close links to Nissan which could extend to a P1 engine/hybrid link-up.