View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2977227)   #28
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
You can only run a series on a clubmans permit, you can't do that with a registered championship, you have to run it on the permit that the championship is registered for.

And as for clubs giving away memberships free or for little money, I'm sure not many clubs can afford to do that and also what about those that have paid full price for their membership, its hardly fair on them.

Chris_W with regard to the regs for the TinTops...watch this space!

Ok Chezza tell me what runs on Nat A now?....not alot, there is no need, the majority run on a Nat B permit, its why we are getting fewer and fewer clerks rising up the chain, because, there arnt enough mneetings for them to get signatures for their Nat A (Unless they are MSVR or BRSCC) which is great for them, but not so for anyone else, you can now run NEAFP on a clubman permit (we did this year) so I dont need to go up to Nat B even and one thing I think is certain, you will have two levels soon, National and International, that will be it!

As is a common joke around certain circles, there is a certain gentleman who runs a club (I may have mentioned it before in this thread) and he would gladly run the F1 GP on a clubman permit if he could!, if you have Track Day Championships Chezza, you can have Clubman ones as well.

And what do clubs need membership fees for?...and why not then include and cost your entry fee accordingly?...surely that is fairer? If someone enters two cars into an event, they pay TWO entry fees...a portion of which is attributed to club running costs ....if someone doesnt enter the event, they dont pay anything....I think you will find that a hell of a lot of competitors would prefer that.

The only reason why people say things cant be done is because its the "we've always done it this way"...and as Andy has stated and I believe he may be right....somethings got to give and if its a club because they are charging 95 quid "registration fees" (please tell me WHAT costs 95 quid to register?...the club to register is two thirds of that annually....I suppose it might be all the paperwork and memo pads that need to be purchased or supported?...ha ha..) .its the twenty FIRST century! get a grip clubs! go back to providing value for money to your CUSTOMERS (your members) and get a reality check on the fact that its the 21st century and people dont want all that rubbish.

even if 360 ran 20 races a year I would not charge "membership" i tried it and it is a complete waste of time, this year, we set the price and in that entry is a small amount that is ringfenced for admin costs (like stamps etc) its fair because Everyone who is at the event pays what they should...and poor old driver b whose car blew up on day one of the season...hasnt paid for something that he hasnt used!