View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2977682)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its the same arguement for retaining manual timekeepers now we have expensive systems in place. I have always been told we need them there as back up, well OK but IMHO if they made us aware that no working transponder no time, sorry thats the rules then I think it would be fair enough. Obviously the odd transponder will go down during an event but I would imagine this to be very rare and once the qually is out the way its pretty easy to visual who has crossed the line first in most cases. I mention this as I was once told by a top BARC official when trying again to negotiate a better entry deal when I ran ModProds that one of their biggest administrive on the day expense at the time was Timekeepers and this was pre TSL but with event of TSL when asked the same question was told that MSA (again) still require them to timekeep manually???