View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2989329)   #19
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey racegypsy you're stating the facts correctly, I did start out with SGP with no prior experience.

I do obviously want to get involved at whatever level I can, so am hopeful things will progress in New Zealand. already reached out to them and see where that goes. Hoping to make some friends too as I'm a pedestrian in Auckland and getting to the track may be tricky without a car. But we'll see.

there's a formula drift event coming up, got a suggestion thru fb to attend as a spectator, so I e-mailed to ask if they need any track marshals there.

in defense of Singapore GP they did things safely and professionally, all of their training was previously done by CAMS so I don't think they cut any corners. we did have a number of classroom/theory meetings and a number of go cart and street car events (with one of the events held at Johor Circuit in Malaysia) before the actual F1 SGP. the event was well staffed so if anyone didn't feel safe doing something there were plenty of others with different qualification levels who could step in.

--Russ