View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2994285)   #11
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
David J Howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a regular Racer in Historic Cars for quite a few years now and a fellow ex Committee member of the CTCRC... like yourself Ken

My opinion is that there would be far too much disparity on that grid.

If I had some genuine 60's App K car there's no way I'd wan't to be on the grid with some replica/genuine whatever 80's Touring car ..A recipe for bent metal.

Drivers that cherish their cars don't like mixed up grids. Surely you recall the problems we used to have ...and still have ..with drivers if we have to amalgamate a race .

There's plenty of homes out there for most cars already not least us at the CTCRC who run with controlled National Championship status rather just yet another "Series"

With Series the organisers can change any regulations they fancy between races If they simply don't like the colour of you race suit,or your car is faster than one of their mates..and it happens a lot believe me !

Good Luck to you Ken and I hope all is well but I wouldn't waste too much of your Sponsors money on this number.

Regards David Howard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken clarke View Post
I have been working lately with an organiser to run a new touring car series. Details still secret at present but the series will be for genuine & replica touring cars from 1967 to 1986. Group 5, 67 to 69. Group 1 & 2, 70 to 81. Group A, 82 to 85 inclusive. Cars homologated in 1985 will be allowed to run up to 1986 spec but by ending in Decmber 1985 you exclude Cosworths & M3,s, they are for another day!! Hopefully we can get more genuine than replica.

Cars should be period correct in mechanical specification and be in a period colour scheme, we are not looking for current 'modsaloons'

I feel we are long overdue an Appendix K pre 66 type race series & hopefully with the right support & backing this will happen. It is hoped that if this series is successful the races will be split, Group A, Group 1 Races will be high profile on decent circuits & of a decent length.

Watch this space.