Thread: GTE Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2011, 05:06 (Ref:2995863)   #77
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That's not how it works, somebody will always argue that the starting points weren't equal! And if they are manufacturers with considerable involvement the sanctioning body usually agrees with them, only to pee off some one else and suddenly we are again in that old vicious cycle of trying to please everybody.
Yes. It seems with GT/GTE that every car starts with it's own rulebook (waivers). The individual rulebooks are subject to change at any time. Then you have BoP on top of that so that the league can either balance or unbalance the competition even further depending on how they feel each week.

I'd rather see more GT classes so that each car can fit into a class where no (or very little) BoP and waivers are needed. The risk in that is that there may be some classes with small car counts, but I think it could work if the classes have distinct and solid cost ranges and rulebooks. I know people want to see variety, but do we really need to see M3s equalized with 458s? What does that prove? How ridiculous the concept of GTE being road relevant is?