Thread: GTE Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2995939)   #79
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
That´s not how it works either. Take GT1 as an example; An equalizing BoP took place at the beginning of the -´10 season, where each car was given their specific restrictor and its specific weight. After that it has only been success ballast (A concept I wish they would abandon. Infact I´d rather see reverse starting fields than that).
I think the problem for the rulemakers is actually development. Teams tend to make dev on their cars, and so a BoP has to made to haul that car back in.
That said, SRO actually had everybody whine about how BoP was unfair to them, so maybe they got it right?
That's not how it happened, yes they had those pre-season BoP tests and success ballasts but in addition to those the weight/restrictors were changed and tweaked after every single round of the championship. Why do you think Phoenix and Mad Croc were whining when they got s*itload of extra ballast and restrictors after the opening round? Do you really think FIA got it right when DBR9s were running ~100kg lighter?

Anyways, I've told my opinion about BoP numerous times on this forum, so no need to say it again.