View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:00 (Ref:3002484)   #130
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
If the ELMS gets 40 cars next year then I'll eat my hat.
I still think I have a pretty good shot at winning overall at ELMS races if I enter my wheelbarrow next year. Well, assuming 16 or so other wheelbarrows or wheelchairs enter to go along with the other already confirmed ELMS entries!

But, yeah, I think 20 is more realistic than 40 unless the ELMS is planning on letting Formula Fords fill the grid or something. With the 20 car situation in place, why would I commit to the ELMS if I don't even know if there are any races?

As for teams only getting a 2013 auto-invite if they run a full season in 2013, is that a new condition for the auto-invites? I'm not sure if I remember that. Again, that weakens the ELMS allure possibility in order to enhance the WEC. I guess we can only wonder what the ALMS auto-invites will be like if there are any!

I respect Peter for giving the ACO the finger, but ultimately that is not enough. Like the ALMS, the ELMS will have to create their own premier races and perhaps their own specifications for cars (both series have done this to small extents) in order to stay relevant.