View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2011, 13:20 (Ref:3002682)   #142
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That is the same exact date for WEC entries as well, so it's just not them.

After seeing the craptacular job Motors did with Estoril this year, I wouldn't put my hopes too high with TV plans next year. Then again, anything is better than Eurosport's so-called 2008-2010 LMS "coverage".
I don't think Estoril was MotorsTV. They broadcasted the highlight show which was produced by the LMS. At the circuit that weekend, it seemed the TV broadcasting should have been provided locally, and since no TV production crew was brought on, no live coverage so a few LMS TV crew teams went around capturing footage throughout the weekend to compile the highlight show.

By creating a TV production team, maybe ELMS is trying to ensure they have a production team at each race to ensure the live coverage.

I don't know how Paul Ricard was recorded but MotorsTV being partly French (or full French?), maybe they had their own broadcast teams there.
However, does MotorsTV usually produce the content we see? From things that I've seen (such as V8s, WEC, ALMS, Blancpain, etc.), it seems they provide commentators but the footage seems to come from the championships. And even then, sometimes it's content from the original broadcaster, like they do with V8s. Sort of like ESPN America for the American sports fans out there in Europe!