View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3015093)   #34
SuperDuff
Racer

United Kingdom
Devon
SuperDuff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woolley, I can understand the point you make, but I think you miss my point. If everyone took that line of thought, then yes, I agree - it would be a naive and misguided statement to make. However, the beauty of being human is that we are individuals - what floats your boat (or gets you out of the tent for sign on) may not be the same thing that floats mine. While I don't mind a lack of breaks, I don't have a great love of overrunning meetings where I have a 4 hour drive home on the Sunday - you might be different.

I believe that there is a level of managing expectations (the club/circuits managing the marshals, and the marshals managing their own). I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that if you (I mean the plural "you" to confirm) like doing a particular race/circuit, you do your bit of research on the race/track etc (e.g. looking on here for past reports, talking to others when you're out and looking at timetables). Knowing what you have learnt, surely then you make a decision. Obviously the more meetings you do, the more first hand experience you have, and that will trump the other stuff (probably).