View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3015152)   #270
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm absolutely gutted. It put a complete dampener on my day yesterday but I'm still excited to go to Le Mans and see if for myself - for better or worse.
Will this year be the spectacle that 2008, 2010, and 2011 were? I suspect not.

Am I still very much looking forward to my trip in June - absolutely.

Too many years as a historian mean I spend many an evening nosing through footage and reports of sportscar races gone by, and ultimately a lot of them have the result decided a long time before the flag falls. I suspect this might be the case in 2012, but this isn't unusual historically, and no reason why we can't find solace in great races elsewhere through the grid, and what will always be amazing cars doing incredible things.

I'm happy to lay a quiet bet that come Thursday night qualifying I'll be standing at the apex of Tertre Rouge with a vast smile on my face. Sure it would be better with Peugeots there to mix it up, but I don't expect I'm likely to be bored.