View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3015238)   #40
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
And where would we be if everyone took that advice? I'm sorry to go on about Donington, but I made exactly that decision several years ago because of their timetabling.
Woolley -you are going on with out of date information and it's disappointing because it puts new marshals off. It is not the same situation as 'back in the day' - and I'd challenge you to visit this year and then make a considered statement (good or bad!)

Now, I would suggest wherever people are marshalling that they check the event timetable for two things - are the gaps between races realistic and is the finish time acceptable. Last year a club (I can't remember who) were scheduling races starting at 6:30pm on a Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday - I chose not to go to those events.

If Donington has a later curfew, it is the club running the day that makes the decision to use it or not.

Personally, I don't mind a later finish on a Saturday as I'll usually be staying over and it's no big deal. For a Sunday, I'll expect to be on my way home at 6pm. Anything later and I'd be considering cancelling.