View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3017981)   #1460
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Butter face and rear? lol, just save your opinions of their looks for a different forum. I guess you didn't read the interviews either? The hybrid powertrain is developed with future road car applications in mind. Same with the GT300 prius in SuperGT.
Hey, I read them. I also read what Doug Fehan has to say. Well, at least I did. Now I just reach for the mute button. You get the idea.

There's just a bit of a disconnect between a high performance hybrid from Toyota when their road-going hybrids are the definition of dull. I can't convince a car guy friend that a Camry Hybrid or Prius is worth taking a look at just because there is a cool race car. I mean, c'mon, a Mazda 3 or something like that is a Porsche compared to those. If Toyota is changing that attitude, then hey, great. For now, well, not so much.

As for keeping with the times, I don't know about that. Look what happens when you design your cars around the AARP - unintended acceleration fiascos that probably don't really exist but taint the company's reputation.

As for butter face, I realize it's not important to how the car runs, but there is the whole package to consider when people are deciding to watch a race or not or if they want to cheer for a car or not.