View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2000, 19:54 (Ref:3020)   #13
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI LEE
This is the first time I have been able to reply due to problems with my modem so beware fellow motor sport nuts rick will be about!!
About cost well I am afraid if you want to Win and you have tallent its all down to how much cash you have ,But if you want to have some fun like me read on.
3 years ago I bought a ex rally 205 GTI for £1350.00 which may I add took me 2 year to save for Then I stripped it to a shell and rebuilt it to go circuit racing at castle coombe in as it was then Handy Gas Championship well since then car has cost me £300.00 for a full race exhaust system £80.00 for a pair of second carbs & maifold. The engine has never been rebuilt. Before my how would you say lift off this year after hitting a metro and writing the car off the
TOAL COST OF CAR £1730.00
The new car well that cost me the grand sum of £320.00 it had 3 mouths tax + mot it took me 8 week to strip rebuild and back on the track and I sold the seats wheels and any thing else I didnt need for the total sum of
£400.00 it also left me with a spare engine and gear box. The extra money left over bought second hand bits for the new car which I could not salvage from the wreck So if you want to have fun for not a lot of cash it can be done
Anyone that would like so see the car come and have a chat at coombe or anyone wants some help drop me a line.