View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3023979)   #43
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
North American Endurance Championship.
Is Grand-Am going by the name "North American Endurance Championship" now? If so, is that new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Still, a brand new petrol car, running 1,8 secs. faster than its predecessor, getting to 1,6 secs. from last year´s pole time is impressive. And with the diesels getting slammed with even more restrictions this year, it might be closer than ever!
Of course, the diesels at Sebring last year were the Peugeot in it's first race (probably not pushing at 100%), the grandfathered Peugeot, and the grandfathered Audi R15. Granted, I do not anticipate that Audi will push real hard for speed at Sebring this year. They'll have the race in the bag as long as they don't screw up (which is always a possibility with Audi these days). The last thing they want to do is screw up their BoP before Le Mans. To that extent, I think the HPDs should run fairly close to the Audis. Will that mean anything? I guess we'll have to find that out at Le Mans later on in the year.

The wildcard in all of this is if IMSA gives their cars additional breaks versus the ACO cars. I have to assume that the cars at the test are running to ACO rules, but I'm not fully sure about that.