View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3054569)   #13
bentleyboy
Rookie

bentleyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first post - a friend told me about the hard time Malcolm is getting at this time. I thought I would join and find out what my old friend has been up to. I cannot believe some of the stuff that has be written based on no facts at all.
Malcolm is an intensly private person, he knows the Industry, also his wife worked in the Industry indeed was PA to a F1 Team owner . She is no fool and unsurprisingly was reluctant to move the entire family to the other end of the world to a team with lets say a bit of recent aggro, do no forget they only own 1 entry and the sponsorship deals go year on year. Yes the plan was to move down but there were issues late in 2011 that postponed the move - just as well... Malcolm moved to DJR to work with his longtime friend Dick, they battled through a tough post Courtney year and let us not forget at the mid point their lead driver was P5 and 3rd best qualifer. They then had a terrible run, lack of pace, co drivers crashing and failures due to running worn out kit. Then all you armchair experts got stuck in. Question, if a team turns up at a race with 4 work experiance kids how serious do you think they are? I saw Malcolm this morning in London, he is defending Dick to the hilt but in reality is in bad shape - totally drained - and when he tells just some of the senarios it is not a surprise. He wont thank me for posting this - if he ever finds out he doesnt much care or have time for Forums. Be under no doubt the Guy is an absolute racer and when people around him are just along for the ride he can be pretty difficult but for total strangers to judge why and where at such a private time for him is a bloody outrage.