View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3065676)   #107
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Solar powered fairy lights are very good - we have them in some of the trees in the garden, and in the event it ever stops raining, make evenings very pleasant.

I'm pondering a solar mobile phone charger for this year. Previously I've done fine by making sure I plug the car charger in when heading to Carrefour and for the periodic further afield trips and judiciously using the laptop battery for what ever the IT equivalent of in flight refuelling is, but having an additional string to the bow strikes me as none too bad an idea.

Anyone had any experience with such devices or any recommendations for what might be good?
I've bought one of ebay for 7£, which work and charge fine. However only on older devices. Smartphones won't get charged unfortunately by it.

What i bought for backup is an AA battery charger system, where i can charge AA battery's with the Solar Charger, and then use the AA batteries to charge my iPhone . (and i can also by a huge stock AA batteries at home and bring along if it should be rainy )