Thread: LM24 Race Lesser-known viewing spots
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3077388)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm just watching the 2011 DVD on my day off and I'm trying to find new spectator areas to visit at the race this year.

This thread isn't intended to cause trouble. I know full well you can't spectate on the Mulsanne (legally).

What interests me more is in and around the Porsche Curves and the run down to the Ford chicane.

Firstly has anyone ever watched the race from where this lot are?

I think it is on top of the pits at the karting track. It looks like an amazing unobstructed view of the cars exiting 'Corvette Corner' and the run down to the pits. Can you get there by walking through Karting Nord?
Access is through the Alain Prost Karting circuit. I'm not sure if they limit access.
Quote:

I've seen its also possible to spectate on the outside of the track just before this on the exit of Porsche Curves. Do you have to head into Maison Blanche?
Yes, just walk along the general enclosure on the outside of the track until you get there.
Quote:

One final one.

I've seen people/pictures from people standing on the outside of Indianapolis. Do you have to 'know a guy' to access this spot?
You need a marshal's pass specific to the post on the outside of the corner, or a resident's pass for the track which leads to the post. The public have no access, so the only way there is to dodge the controls.