View Single Post
Old 28 May 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3080650)   #38
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tricky one this, I am lucky enough to have caught the tail end of the Grp 5/6 era, all the Grp C and now the current era, 31 races in total.

Sure the place has changed and not always for the worse. The camping facilites are much better now, the village had fallen into decay, it could have been done more with more of a nod to the one it replaced, but even that was not the original, but its tidy and easy to get around.

The track has been butchered at the esses, i can never forgive that but Terte rouge is better now. The loss of the trees is sad, but access was needed.

The cars, well they have evolved as one would expect. I dont mind the diesels, it proves its not a spec class with a various routes available to teams. Could the ACO do more to even things up? maybe but thats the problem when you have works teams against private teams. Even when wet the Audi(s) were streets ahead.

Will I be going this year? yes.
Do i miss the old days? yes.
Do I still enjoy it? yes.
Do I look forward to each year? yes.

You cannot stop change, my first years were only a moment in time and the track had evolve to that. The 80's are my referance point for the changes, others will have different dates.