View Single Post
Old 28 May 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3080695)   #8
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Agree that the camping is a great part of the experience.

We went back for a couple of hours kip to the tent last year. I don't think I really got a lot of sleep and the whole time I just felt like I was missing the action - which I was. I certainly didn't feel any better when I got up.

I'm driving this year but planning to stay up for the duration, then crash out immediately after the race before driving home the next morning. A lot of people talk about staying up for the whole 24 hours, but in reality you're up for something around 32+ hours.

It's only once a year (for most) so why not.
The fact that the couple in the tent next to us decided to have a blazing row and split up while we were trying to get some kip didn't help.

I'd say it makes you feel worse tham you would otherwise. I'll be taking a blanket and wrapping up at the really early hours so if I nod off, I nod off and I'll be warm (and Simmi will be awake to make sure I'm alright).

Edit to add: Last year at half 5 we stumbled over to the star finish straight, feeling groggier than a big jug of grog, only to have the Robertson GT40 thunder past and waken the dead.