View Single Post
Old 28 May 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3080709)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Longest I've survived is 22 hours when I was 15, taking a quick nap between 2.30 and 4.30 am. I'm 18 now so I expect to make it for the whole race.

It's perfectly do-able so long as you stay off the Kronenberg. If you fail to do so, the combination of beer, noise and heat will probably cause you difficulties come Sunday lunchtime.

How serious are you about keeping up with what's going on? If you're really interested in the race, and little else, I'd reccomend staying up for it but if you want to soak up the atmosphere, I'd try and accept you might want to take a couple of hours shut-eye before sunrise (which you absolutely must not miss - under any circumstances!), although there are points in the race on the Sunday during the day which become incredibly dull.

Incidentally, no amount of espresso was able to keep me awake last year watching it on Eurosport, although when you're there you don't notice how tired you are untill you sink into bed when you get back to your first normal bed!