View Single Post
Old 29 May 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3081523)   #46
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Closest I've come was 2008, when ardour ran out a little bit after dawn (combined a little bit with creeping cold and damp), and seem to recall the drive back to Tours on Sunday afternoon being a little emotional - although not so bad as the long schlep back to Mons in 2007, where vast amounts of rain and getting lost in Rouen made it more than usually challenging.

These days I don't pretend there's any real prospect of staying up for the duration. Sometime around 0200 I'll run to a standstill, and get some sleep, if dawn happens so be it, but if not I can generally take that in stride, and capitalise on some decent coffee, the cool feel of Sunday morning, and a chance to catch up on what's happened over the few hours I've missed.

Doing the full 24 hours is clearly core to a lot of folk, just feels a little too iron man for me.