View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3084608)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ALMS 2013 Discussion

Early days still but I don't really wish that the 2012 thread turns too much into 2013 discussion when the current season isn't even at the half way point just yet! So it could be wiser to direct the CotA talk etc here...

The current tracks on the calendar will probably all stay as they are (Baltimore possibly being the only question mark) but the spring date @ Austin F1 track has already been confirmed so we'll have yet another newcomer to the series after Virginia this year. IndyCar will also make a Houston comeback at Reliant Park so I guess we might get supporting role from there again, although I'm not sure if holding two events at Texas would be viable for the series... I mean tracks like Sears Point aren't returning any time soon as California already hosts two events.

Not sure how long the Detroit deal with Grand-Am is but that should be another target for ALMS, as long as it doesn't directly conflict with the Test day like this year. Has anyone heard anything new about that Oklahoma street circuit thingie that was planned for 2013? It's been all VERY quiet for some time now.

New grid additions will come from Viper, well okay they'll be participating already this year and developing the car but it'll be the first full season campaign. Same goes for Dempsey's LMP2 program (with the primary aim of entering Le Mans). Mr Panoz also wishes to have Deltawing on the grid...